2024 Membership Renewal Campaign Begins Now
Diane Frendak American Astronomical Society (AAS)
The American Astronomical Society (AAS) has grown and flourished because of its membership — you foster community by presenting at meetings, serving on committees, publishing in our open access journals, and advocating on behalf of our science. As author and motivational speaker Simon Sinek says, “A community is a group of people who agree to grow together.” At the AAS, we take pride in creating, nurturing, and convening our broad astronomical sciences community and invite you to grow with us by renewing your membership for 2024.
As a valued member, you’ll benefit from:
- a new meeting archive starting with the virtual AAS 236 (June 2020) up to the hybrid 242nd meeting (June 2023). Only active members can access this resource, which includes recorded plenaries, special sessions, town halls, oral and iPoster sessions. After you log in, look for "Recordings" along the navigation options to the left of the AAS logo.
- a new offer from Annual Reviews: print and online volumes back to Vol. 1 for $100 (per title). Details forthcoming!
- our author discount: Renew before 1 January 2024 to get a one-time 15% discount on your share of the author charges for one paper published in an AAS journal (The Astronomical Journal, The Astrophysical Journal, The Astrophysical Journal Letters, The Astrophysical Journal Supplement Series, or The Planetary Science Journal). Eligible members can double their savings: if you renew by 31 December for two years, you will receive a 15% discount on two papers: one each in 2024 and 2025.
Don’t let your membership be eclipsed! Renew today to secure the benefits of belonging by taking one of these actions:
- Log in at https://my.aas.org and click on “Pay My Dues” in the upper right to renew with a credit card.
- Call the membership department at 202-328-2010 x144 or x109 and renew with a credit card. We can help with invoice updates as well.
- Print the invoice that will be attached to your renewal email (arriving the week of 25 September) and mail it with a check or your credit card details to our post box in Baltimore (this address is on the invoice).
If you have any questions about your dues or benefits or need assistance when logging in, please contact the membership team by email or by phone at 202-328-2010 x144 or x109.
Thank you again for your commitment to and continued engagement in your community. We look forward to working for you in the coming year.